These are probably my favourite muffins. They’re moist, full of fiber and even zucchini, so I feel pretty good treating myself to one of these. With the amount of fruit I put in the mix, they can be a bit crumbly, so if that’s not your cup of tea, you can always reduce the amount of fruit, or just cut the pieces smaller than I do.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Fruits and Veggies:
- 1 finely chopped apple or 1 cup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 medium zucchini (roughly 400mL)
- ¾ cup finely chopped dried apricots or dried dates
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 cups unfiltered apple juice or orange juice
- 2 mashed bananas
Preheat oven to 350 F. You can oil the muffin tin if you want, but I find they come out of mine just fine.
In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. Add fruit and veg and mix. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry/fruit mixture and mix. Pour into muffin tin and bake for approximately 25 minutes.